PAINTING CYCLE (2010 - 2012)
- 'BLAST 1', 120x120x2cm, household paint, condoms, refuse sacks, plasterboard, explosives. 2010
- 'BLAST 2', 120x120x2cm, household paint, condoms, refuse sacks, plasterboard, explosives. 2010
- 'BLAST triptych', 30x50cm each, household pant, paper, explosives, hand made frames with 24 carat gilding. 2012
- Installation view of 'BLAST' at the New Court Gallery, Derbyshire. 2010
- Documentation photograph of the process
Blast 3 was donated to the Mercian Regiment in September 2015 and is on permenant display at British Army HQ Land Forces, Andover.
Paintings from this series have been shown in a solo exhibition at the New Court Gallery (2010), and at the Other Art Fair (2012). The works caught the attention of accessories designer Lulu Guinness, leading to a collaboration in 2013.